28 abril 2010

a blooming


So national poetry month is almost over. I gave the "sermon" (quotes definitely in place here!) for a Unitarian church last sunday and it was a real treat. no pomp, no circumstance, just lighting sweet scented candles and sharing of good will and tidings to all. I was especially pleased to see a rainbow flag in the window ( a rarity these days) and everyone I met was just super sweet and welcoming. They even gave my son a little "busy box" full of stickers and crayons and paper to keep occupied, though I have to admit it was super sweet to hear his distinctive laugh ring out loud and high above the congregation when I told a joke, even though him and D were sitting in the waaaaaaay back row.

Speaking of rainbows, how cute is this pic? Am thinking of doing something like this for my son's birthday party, as he loves rainbows inexplicably. But he also loves trucks and trains. Perhaps guests can come dressed in their fave color?

My pink-purple tulips have finally bloomed along our front walk. So lovely to come home to this shade of color after the longest winter of GRAY and WHITE.

Am working, plugging away as I know my time is limited. Poems, interviews, essays. But there are miles and miles of grading to do before I sleep.

And a kid's 3rd birthday to plan.