This yr's Dodge lineup has just been announced. I'm so grateful and honored to be among this yr's poets I get to see pals Oliver, Rigo, Tyehimba and Tara. Full list HERE. That wknd will be my return to the poetry world (outside of my sleepy little town anyway) after Baby #2 so it promises to be a big wknd for me in more ways than one.
Actually, I am so grateful to the organizers who said that they will provide my whole family with accommodations and that the kiddoes and D are more than welcome to be with me, and that means more than anything. I'm so glad that the Little One-to-Be's first poetry reading will be this one. It's nice to see the festival recognize poets as people. But this is DODGE we are talking about, so I am not surprised. :)
Hace 6 días.

2 comments:
I am so glad the little one is going. I started taking The Surfer to poetry readings when he was 5. That was about the same time he wrote his first poem. Hmmm. It was about the ducks skating over the ice on the lake like Beethoven. His words. I wrote them down for him. Both poetry and Beethoven were there for him from the start. As they were for me. It makes all the difference in the world. Thank you Miss All Things Bright And Beautiful.
(opening your blog makes me undeniably happy color-wise every single time)
Rebecca
aw, shucks. thanks, R! Babies are always welcome at my readings, but I know they aren't always (nor should they be) at others', so will just have to play it by ear!
Publicar un comentario