06 julio 2010

And they called him Jasper.


posting will be sporadic, Loyal and Lovely readers--

one week ago, I had a baby boy:
Jasper is his name-o.
6 pounds of pure delight
(Okay, maybe one pound
of the six is screaminess
when he is hongry).
He has long flamingo legs.
So interesting to see
what was kicking inside me
all this time.

And do i mean KICKING.
We are on that perfect cusp
of cherry and blueberry season
and a whole lot of naps.
Nap. Nap. Nap.
Delicious!

8 comments:

Joannie Stangeland dijo...

Wow! Congratulations! And welcome to Jasper.

Best wishes to you all.

Karen J. Weyant dijo...

Congrats! Thinking of you and your family.

Anónimo dijo...

Wonderful! Best to you and your family!

January dijo...

Woo hoo! Congrats to you and your growing family.

cornshake dijo...

thanks, everyone. We're doing great and trying to keep cool in this heatwave! :)

Radish King dijo...

Welcome, Jasper. You are as beautiful as a bowl of cherries and so is your mom.
Love,
Rebecca

cornshake dijo...

thx, R! ha--if you only saw me now, with my curtain-like post-partum clothes...;)

Kelli Russell Agodon - Book of Kells dijo...

Omg, I'm so behind I'm just seeing this now!! Congrats! And I'm so late I must congratulate you on your 1 month old! Welcome to the world, Jasper! We are glad you are here!